Click here to view our Public Programs Cancellation Policy.
COVID19 Communications for Program Participants:
Please note due to COVID19 we conduct the full program outside, the staff wears masks at all times and we request participants and chaperones wear masks. Masks are required to enter the building for the flush bathrooms, there is a porta-potty on site if masks cannot be worn for whatever reason. We have installed an outside hand washing station, we remind participants to physically distance, we don’t have participants share equipment if possible. If the equipment is shared it is sanitized between use. We also use a google form for participants (or their adult) and chaperones to fill out the health check survey the day of their program, asking about fever, exposure, and such.
NOTE: Although we are hopeful that our upcoming public programs will be able to run, we understand that we are currently in uncertain times throughout this COVID-19 situation and may need to cancel or modify our programs at any given time. Because of this, we are temporarily modifying our cancellation policy. We will do our best to give at least a 48-hour notice prior to a program if it needs to be canceled or modified, however, at any point before the program, regardless of if we cancel the program or if you are unable to make it because of safety concerns or because of the modifications that we did, we will offer a 100% program refund. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any concerns or questions regarding our programming. Thanks!
Youth Learning Series
Monthly on the second Tuesday, 9-11 am
Whether you’re a distance learner, homeschooler, or anything in between, join us for a morning of exploration and investigation. Participants will be split into groups grade K-5 and 6-12. Each session stands alone, and participants must register for each one they wish to participate in.
Backyard Birding: Tuesday, December 8th
Winter is a great time of year to start watching backyard birds. Learn the basics of birding and how to attract feeder birds to your yard!
The instructor will wear a mask; participants are strongly encouraged to wear masks (see “COVID19 Communications for Program Participants” explanation up above).
$5 per student. Register here. Registration required for each session. Registration closes two days before program. Maximum of 20 participants.
Lifelong Learner Series
Monthly on the second Thursday, noon-1:00 pm
Discover a new topic each month as we explore local wildlife, history, and conservation issues. Ages 18+.
Backyard Birding: Thursday, December 17th*
Learn tips for attracting birds to your backyard and tricks for identifying them! Great for beginning and advanced birders alike. *will be hosted via Zoom, lunch not included ($3/member; $5/non-member)
The instructor will wear a mask; participants are strongly encouraged to wear masks (see “COVID19 Communications for Program Participants” explanation up above.) Additional COVID19 practices: sessions will be held outside; we will communicate ahead of time if program will be canceled or re-formatted if weather does not permit us to be outside. Lunch will be an individually wrapped boxed meal prepared by a caterer.
Register here. Registration required for each program. Must register one week in advance.
Winter Solstice Hike & Bonfire: Monday, December 21st, 6-7:30 pm
The instructor will wear a mask; participants are strongly encouraged to wear masks (see “COVID19 Communications for Program Participants” explaination up above.)
$3 per member or $5 per non-member; $9 per member family of 3+ or $15 per non-member family of 3+.
Register here. Registration required for each event. Registration closes two days before each event.
December 28-31, noon-4pm
Don’t let your kids hibernate inside this winter break! Winter camp is a great way to get your kids outside enjoying all winter has to offer. We’ll go for hikes, build shelters, enjoy time by the fire, and play in the snow!
We want to make sure our campers and staff are safe both in cold weather and with COVID. Read more about our protocols for Winter Camp:
- Campers should come prepared to be outside all afternoon. There will be plenty of opportunities to warm up by the fire and in outbuildings out of the wind. If temperatures or wind chill are below 0F, camp will be canceled for the day and you will receive a partial refund.
- We ask that participants wear masks and staff will wear masks.
- There will not be time for lunch, but snacks will be provided and campers are welcome to bring their own snack.
- We have waived our cancellation fee for all of our programs; you will receive a prorated refund if we need to cancel due to illness or weather.
- You must alert staff if you or your campers have symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, shortness of breath, dry cough) within 72 hours of camp or if they have been exposed to anyone with COVID-19.
- Camp may need to close on short notice due to government order, child or staff illness, or other emergency.
- Adults/guardians must be able to return to the camp within one hour of being notified by phone if the child must be picked up.
- We ask that you take your camper’s temperature each morning before camp and report to Ney staff. If the camper has a fever (temperature of 100.4° or higher) they must stay home.
- If camper has taken any fever reducing medications such acetaminophen or ibuprofen in the past 24 hours they may not attend camp.
Register here. Please register by December 14th. Registration is limited to 20 participants.