The Ney Nature Center has three themed day camps this summer geared for kids that have completed grades kindergarten through 5th grade.
Nature Build Day Camp
Kindergarten-2nd grade: June 13-14, 9 am to 4 pm
Mail completed registration form with check by June 6
3rd grade-5th grade: June 20-21, 9 am to 4 pm
Mail completed registration form with check by June 13
Build like the animals do. Have you ever wondered how animals make their homes, or how a beaver can dam up an entire stream? Find out first hand during camp as we mimic animal construction and participate in other natural building activities.
Art Day Camp
Kindergarten-2nd grade: July 11-12, 9 am to 4 pm
Mail completed registration form with check by July 4
3rd grade-5th grade: July 18-19, 9 am to 4 pm
Mail completed registration form with check by July 11
Art is all around us in nature. The shapes and colors that make up the natural landscape will be our inspiration during this camp as we create our own nature art. From using natural objects as paintbrushes to decorating items we find on our adventure, camp will be filled with a colorful way of looking at our natural surroundings.
Pollinator Day Camp
Kindergarten-2nd grade: August 15-16, 9 am to 4 pm
Mail completed registration form with check by August 8
3rd grade-5th grade: August 22-23, 9 am to 4 pm
Mail completed registration form with check by August 15
Bees, butterflies, and bats oh my! Join us as we explore the world of pollination and the large impact these animals have on the food we eat as well as our impact on their lives. Learn about the biology of the animals and how we can help keep their population healthy.
Information for all camps
- Afternoon snack is provided both days, but kids should bring a lunch. We encourage participants to bring a low waste lunch using reusable containers and lunch box. This helps us to reduce the amount of waste thrown away at lunch time and be good stewards of the environment!
- Participants should bring a reusable water bottle. We have a water bottle filling station so they can fill it up when it’s empty.
- Participants should dress for the weather. Our programs operate rain or shine, so make sure kids come prepared!
- Kids should come prepared to have fun and explore nature!
- There is a maximum of 20 kids per camp, so be sure to register early!
- Mail completed registration forms with check to:
- Ney Nature Center
- PO Box 93
- Henderson MN, 56044
- Session rates:
- One session: $45 for Non members, $42 for Members
- Two Sessions: $85 for Non members, $79 for Members
- Three Sessions: $125 for Non members, $116 for members