Join us on Saturday, April 14, 2018 at the Arlington Community Center from 5:30pm to 9:00pm.
Each year the Ney Nature Center Board of Directors hosts an Annual Spring Fling Fundraiser and Benefit Dinner. The evening event includes a delicious meal, guest speaker, silent auction and live auction. Local businesses and members of the community generously donate to this event.
- $50.00 (includes 2018 NNC Membership)
- $35.00 for current 2018 NNC Members
Tickets orders due by April 5th.
Stop in the office to purchase tickets Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm.
Feature guest speaker, Dr. Denise Young, “Celebrating Minnesota’s Natural History”
Dr. Young is the newly-named Executive Director of the Bell Museum of Natural History + Planetarium at the University of Minnesota. She brings success at developing award-winning science education and community outreach programs and is dedicated to ensuring every Minnesotan has access to an equally inspirational museum experience through the Bell as it embarks on this exciting new phase in its 145-year life. This new facility will open this summer on the St. Paul campus.
Buffet Dinner Menu
- Mandarin Salad
- Chicken Carmelle (gf)
- Beef Sirloin Tips
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes (gf)
- Rustic Roasted Root Medley (gf)
- Gourmet Desserts
- Coffee & Ice Water
- Cash Bar
Contact Becky for special dietary needs or if you would like the vegetarian option.
Thank you to our generous Sponsors & Donors!
This is a great opportunity to support our fundraising event with a tax-deductible sponsorship or donation of an item(s) for our silent or live auction. All sponsors and donors will receive recognition – at our event, in our newsletter, on our website, and in our annual report. In addition, with a $500 sponsorship you will receive two complimentary tickets to the Spring Fling. We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization and your gift is tax deductible to the full extent of the law.
2018 SPRING FLING donation form
Thank you to our generous Sponsors & Donors!
Stewardship Level ($500 and above)
- Jim & Susan Anderson
Sponsorship Level ($250 to $499)
- Belle Plaine Lions Club
Supporter Level ($100 to $249)
- Behnke Auto Center
- First National Bank of Le Center
- First State Bank of Le Center & Henderson
- Frandsen Bank & Trust
- Hometown Bank
- Interstate Building Supply
- Jerry’s Enterprises Inc
- Le Sueur Rotary
- LS Engineers
- Skelley Towing
- State Bank of Belle Plaine
- Toody’s Sweet Treats
Donor Level (up to $99)
- Brett Holbrook Agency Inc
- Herrmann Drug
- Kolden Funeral Home
- Jim Legg & Mary Dvorak
- Matt & Diane Skelley
Live & Silent Auction Items
- Hand Carved out of Walnut by Ollie Heitkamp
- 2 Tickets to the Old Log Theatre, see upcoming list of shows on the Old Log Theatre Website, click here.
- Maple and Butternut Cheese and Cracker Tray handcrafted by Ollie Heitkamp
- Guided Kayak Trip on the Minnesota River! Kayak down the Minnesota River while taking in the serene sights and sounds with experienced guides, Jill and Josh Sweet. Flexible date. All equipment provided for up to 6 participants.
- Maple and Walnut Serving Tray handcrafted by Ollie Heitkamp
- Two (2) Minnesota Zoo Admission Tickets (Expires Dec. 31, 2019)
- Handcrafted Oak Snack Table by Ollie heitkamp
- Cedar Stair Step Plant Stand crafted by Earl Gransee
- $25.00 Gift Card donated by Coborn’s of Belle Plaine.
- Walnut Rolltop Desk crafted by Ollie Heitkamp
- Keepsake Box handcrafted by Ollie Heitkamp
- Two (2) Outfield Reserved Tickets to any May or June 2018 Regular Season Saints baseball game. See their schedule at www.saintsbaseball.com
- Deacon’s Bench by Ollie Heitkamp
- Farkel and Yahtzee Yard Game by Earl Gransee
- Grape Jelly Bird Feeder by Earl Gransee
- Two basket Suet Feeder by Earl Gransee
- Fly Through Bird Feeder by Earl Gransee
- Four Gift Certificates for a One-year Subscription to the Belle Plaine Herald
- Fleece throw blanket donated by Prairie Farm Supply in Belle Plaine
- Four Sided Bird Feeder donated by Prairie Farm Supply in Belle Plaine
- Framed Print “December Snowfall Red Fox” donated by Ollie Heitkamp
- Two Peterson Bluebird House donated by Earl Gransee
- Two Baby Quilts w/ matching Burp Clothes handcrafted by Peg Longhenry
- Set of Seven (7) Embroidered Towels w/Gift Box handcrafted by Peg Longhenry
- Hooded John Deere Sweatshirt donated by Kibble Equipment
- $10.00 Gift Certificate donated by Kibble Equipment
- Aldo Leopold Bench handcrafted by John Heitkamp
- Two European Roasterie Gift Boxes each with 4 blends of coffee
- Basket with Locally crafted Itmes and Badger Products donated by First Choice Pharmacy
- Squirrel Feeding Basket donated by Stephanie & Gaylon Moody
- Three handcrafted seasonal hand towels by Ginger Madison
- Three handcrafted MN Outdoor themed hand towels by Ginger Madison
- Two $10.00 Gift Certificates to Annie’s Cafe in Belle Plaine
- Desktop Book Caddy handcrafted by Earl Gransee
- Fair Trade box of goodies donated by the St Peter Food Co-op
- Note Cards and Decorative Bird House donated by Corner Drug
- Spring is Here – Bracelets in spring colors – Realia by “Jen”, OPI polish and topcoat to match with Aveda Lipstick donated by Hairchitects
- $25.00 Gift Certificate to Emma Krumbees General Store
- Penn Cycle Bike Tune Up Gift Certificate
- Autographed baseball signed by Twins Player Fernando Rodney
- Two Handwoven Towels by Janet Nordstrom
- Wool Cowel donated by Janet Nordstrom
- One pair of Norwegian Mittens by Janet Nordstrom
- Two sets of Two PVC & Cedar Bird houses w/wren sized hole donated by Byron Nordstrom
- MN State Fair T-shirt (L) and water bottle
- Original Acrylic Painting “Purple Coneflowers” by Patrick Lynch
- Gift Certificate for Two 45 minute Hike & Coach Sessions in the MN River Valley with Design Your Destiny’s Michelle Burns
- A one year membership to Caribou Gun Club, and 3 free pheasants with the purchase of 3 pheasants
- Four (4) Legend Club Tickets for Twins vs Angels Game at Target Field – Sunday June 10 at 1:10pm donated by Waste Management
- One Day Free Family Pass to the Chaska Community Center
- Two $20.00 Gift Cards to Kwik Trip
- Gift Certificate for a Bicycle Overhaul donated by PRF Bicycles
- $10.00 Gift Certificate to Next Chapter Winery of New Prague
- Two sets of 4 Tickets to Crayola Experience at MOA donated by KCHK Radio of New Prague
- Two $10.00 Gift Certificates to the Arlington Haus and Two $10.00 Gift Certificates to the Henderson Road Haus
- Two Sets of Two Plant Hangers donated by Bender’s True Value of Henderson
- Kerfoot Canopy Tour (Mon-Thurs; must be over 10yrs old and weigh between 70 and 250 pounds) includes 14 ziplines
- Rustic Mason Jar Basket/Planter donated by Bender’s True Value of Henderson
- Hot/Cold Water Cooler and 5 Gallon Jug of Water donated by Meyer Soft Water of St Peter
Donated by Carol Jackson & Lois Ahntholz – 4 jars of homemade gourmet cherry and berry jams made in the kitchens of Carol & Lois – Strawberry-Cherry, Triple Berry (Raspberry, Blueberry & Strawberry), Ground Cherry, & Cherry-Plum – in a reusable basket with handle.
Donated by Carol Jackson & Lois Ahntholz – Six jars of homemade gourmet jams & jellies from the kitchens of Carol Jackson and Lois Ahntholz – Merlot Wine, Cabernet Sauvignon, Strawberry Basil, Currant, Ground Cherry & Red Pepper – in a reusable basket with handle. Perfect for serving with cheeses as an appetizer.
Donated by Carol Jackson & Lois Ahntholz – Includes: 2 pkgs Athens Mini Fillo Shells (15 each), 2 teak snack trays, 5 jars gourmet jams & jellies – Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Red Pepper, Strawberry-Cranberry & Orange-Pineapple, 1 – 8 oz wheel Brie cheese, 1 – 8 oz pkg cream cheese, 1 pkg snack napkins, Recipes from Carol’s Kitchen, Arranged in a reusable basket with handle
Donated by Carol Jackson 1 – 750 ml bottle Columbia Crest Cabernet Sauvignon
1 – 750 ml bottle J.Lohr Paso Nobles Merlot 2010 in attractive reusable basket
Donated by Carol Jackson, 1 – 750 ml bottle Josh Cellars Chardonnay &
1 – 750 ml bottle Josh Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon in attractive reusable basket