The Ney Nature Center offers nature and adventure-themed day camps for campers ages 6 to 14. Registration for our summer day camp opens on Tuesday, February 2nd, 2021. Each camp can accommodate up to 8 campers and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
We recognize that the situation changes frequently and therefore we have waived our cancelation policy. So if at any time you need to cancel your camper’s registration just let us know. We also reserve the right to cancel a camp if at any time our staff or board deems it necessary for health reasons. If canceled prior to the beginning of camp a full refund will be provided. If cancelations happen in the middle of a camp session we will calculate a fee per day refund.
Please read our statement of practices and procedures for Day Camp.
Click here to read Day Camp COVID 19 modifications for Summer Camp 2021
Click here for general info for all camps.
Outdoor Challenge Camp Level 1 (Eagles; ages 9-11)
- June 14-17, 2021 OR June 21-24, 2021
- Monday-Thursday, 9am-4pm, $142/member or $162/non-member
- Get ready for a challenge with fun activities including survival skills, archery, and kayaking on Frog Pond! This camp also visits the High Ropes Adventure Park at Kerfoot Canopy Tours.
- Registration due by June 7.
Kites, Wings, and Flying Things (Bluebirds; ages 6-8)
- June 28-30, 2021
- Monday-Wednesday, 9am-4pm, $84/member or $99/non-member
- Birds, bats, and insects, oh my! Learn about fantastic flying creatures and spend time flying kites with camp friends.
- Registration due by June 21.
Outdoor Challenge Camp Level 2 (Kingfishers; ages 12-14)
- July 12-15, 2021
- Monday-Thursday*, 9am-4pm, $192/member or $212/non-member
- *optional overnight Thursday night at Ney. Pickup 8-10am on Friday morning.
- Take adventure to the next level with fun activities including survival skills, archery, kayaking on Lake Washington, and zip-lining at Kerfoot Canopy Tours! New this year: overnight at Ney on Thursday night! We’ll cook dinner over the campfire, explore the nighttime world, and camp out in tents and hammocks in the park. Pick up from 8-10am on Friday the 16th; dinner and breakfast will be provided. No prerequisites required.
- Registration due by July 5.
Note specifically for Outdoor Challenge Camp 2:
We will be camping overnight at Ney Nature Center on Thursday, July 15th under the guidance and supervision of our staff. We will have equipment (tents, hammocks) for each camper to sleep 6′ away from other campers. They will need to bring their own sleeping bag, pillow, and personal items (pajamas, toiletries, etc.). In case of inclement weather, we will reassess our overnight plan taking into account current COVID19 guidelines. Campers will need to be picked up between 8-10am on Friday the 16th.
Water Wonders (Bluebirds; ages 6-8)
- July 27-29, 2021
- Tuesday-Thursday, 9am-4pm, $84/member or $99/non-member
- Discover the wonderful world of water! We’ll explore the pond, do water-inspired art, and get our feet wet learning all about water.
- Registration due by July 20.
Nature Build (Eagles; ages 9-11)
- August 10-12, 2021
- Tuesday-Thursday, 9am-4pm, $84/member or $99/non-member
- How does an animal build their home? Find out first-hand during camp as we participate in natural building activities!
- Registration due by August 3.
Information for all camps
- Your camper should bring a sack lunch and a reusable water bottle everyday. Refrigerators and microwaves are not accessible to campers so we recommend a “cold” lunch. An afternoon snack will be provided to keep your camper energized throughout the day. We encourage participants to bring a low-waste lunch using reusable containers and lunch box. This helps us to reduce the amount of waste thrown away at lunch time and be good stewards of the environment!
- Campers should always bring bug spray and sunscreen and apply it before arriving. Campers should also dress for the weather including close-toed shoes and a poncho or rain jacket. We will spend time outside each day as long as there is no severe weather.
- There is a maximum of 16 campers per camp so be sure to register early!
- TO REGISTER: Sign up for camp online or mail a completed registration form with a check to:
- Ney Nature Center
- PO Box 93
- Henderson MN, 56044
Currently waived due to COVID19: Click here to view our Public Programs Cancellation Policy.
Day Camp COVID 19 modifications for Summer Camp 2021
- Camps will be held with 16 campers, if the State of MN COVID restrictions reduces group sizes, we will split the campers into two groups of 8.
- General day camp paperwork required before camp begins, Outdoor Challenge Camp 1 & 2 will have additional paperwork distributed the Monday of camp.
- Curbside drop off and pick up of campers – families will wait in their car with their child until staff has signed your child in and we have confirmed your child has no symptoms or household members with symptoms. Parents will be required to take their camper’s temperature and assure staff of no fever or other symptoms during the signing in.
- Staff will wear masks at all times. Staff will also monitor their temperatures and symptoms as well as symptoms of their households.
- Campers are required to have a mask with them and encouraged to wear as much as possible, especially at drop-off and pick-up, more group focused activities, etc. Their masks will need to be washed or replaced daily.
- Campers must be picked up within one hour if notified by phone that camper must be picked up.
- Camp will be completely set up outdoors, campers can access the education building to use the restrooms or fill water bottles at the water bottle filling station (drinking fountains will not be accessible.)
- If there is rain, staff may cancel day camp for the day or utilize the Ney Barn with doors and windows open and establishing camper stations with physical distances of 6ft.
- For group time we will circle our large picnic tables and assign camper stations (two per picnic table at opposite corners.)
- A handwashing station will be installed outside, handwashing will be facilitated upon arrival to camp, between activities, anytime Staff/campers desire, and/or as directed.
- Equipment will be assigned and labeled to the camper for the duration of camp (insect nets, hammocks, archery equipment, etc.).
- Each student station will have a bin for their supplies and equipment for the duration of camp (to avoid sharing.) They can also store their lunches (no fridge available for lunches), sunscreen, etc in the bin.
- Campers must apply their own sunscreen and bug spray (a bug spray application area will be established.)
- Restrooms will be deep cleaned daily; building and restroom doors, door handles, and other touchpoints will be wiped down at intervals throughout the day.
- Staff’s first aid kit will include hand sanitizer and other cleaning supplies as they are out and about in the park.