Join us for our 13th Annual
Fall Fling Fundraiser!
Sunday, November 14th, 4-8PM
At The Revival on Main in Montgomery, MN
Featuring Guest Speaker Beth Dooley
Purchase tickets online here: https://ney-nature-center-3.square.site
View live & silent auction items here: https://neycenter.org/2021-fall-fling-fundraiser-auction-items/
Our Annual Fall Fling Fundraiser will take place in the newly appointed Historic District at The Revival on Main in Montgomery, MN. It is located at 213 First Street South, Montgomery, MN 56069. This event is our key fundraising event and donations help maintain our efforts to inspire appreciation and respect for nature.
Member Dinner Ticket: $45.00
Non-member Dinner Ticket: $60.00 (Includes a membership)
VIP Table of 8: $600.00
Benefits per person:
- A membership (if already a member, we will add onto your existing membership)
- A drink ticket
- A Ney buff
4:00PM – Social & Appetizers
5:00PM – Ney Nature Center Awards
5:15PM – Dinner
6:15PM – Speaker: Beth Dooley
7:00PM – Dessert
7:30PM – Live and Silent Auction + Door Prizes
Please let us know if you would like a Vegetarian Entrée.
- Harvest Salad w/poppy seed dressing (mixed greens, shredded carrots, celery, red onion, grapes, dried cranberries, & toasted walnuts)
- Pork Tenderloin w/Apple Cider Cream Sauce or Apple-Maple Glaze -Featuring Ney Maple Syrup!
- Mashed Baby Reds w/Gorgonzola & bacon
- Roasted Vegetables (carrot, broccoli, red onion, & green beans)
- Focaccia w/olive oil & balsamic
- Coffee, Water, & Cash Bar
Live & Silent Auction
A list of the items available during the live and silent auctions will be uploaded here as soon as possible.
Click here to view our live and silent auction items! The list will continue to be updated as we receive more donations.
Our featured speaker will be Beth Dooley, renowned author and food journalist. Involved with the local food movement for over 20 years, Beth will speak on regenerative agriculture – foods that are as delicious on the plate as they are good for our planet.
- an endowed chair, Minnesota Institute for Sustainable Agriculture at the University of Minnesota;
- a food journalist and author of numerous award-winning cookbooks, most recently, The Perennial Kitchen: Simple Recipes for a Healthy Future;
- a collaborator with Sean Sherman on The Sioux Chef’s Indigenous Kitchen, James Beard Award Best American Cookbook, and with Lucia Watson, James Beard nominee, Savoring the Seasons of the Northern Heartland. Other titles include Sweet Nature: a cook’s guide to using honey and maple syrup, The Birchwood Café Cookbook, Minnesota’s Bounty: The Farmers Market Cookbook, and In Winter’s Kitchen: Growing Roots and Breaking Bread in the Northern Heartland, a collection of stories about our food shed, short listed for the Minnesota Book Award, 2019;
- a columnist for the Star Tribune Taste section, Delta Sky Magazine, Fine Cooking Magazine, the North American Review, and a regular contributor to local TV and radio, including Minnesota Public Radio’s Appetites and Kare 11 TV, where her travels and food writing has been a regular feature; and
- helps people connect more deeply with food through Bare Bones Cooking with her middle son Kip.
For more information about Beth and her recipes, visit: http://www.bethdooleyskitchen.com/