Once snow conditions allow, the Ney Nature Center will begin renting snowshoes and cross country skis from the Education Building between 10am to 4pm every day. Equipment is available on a first come, first served basis. Equipment sizing will fit most users ages 7 and older.
Equipment Rental (XC Skis or Snowshoes):
- $3 per member or $9 for a member family of 3 or more
- $5 per non-member or $15 for a non-member family of 3 or more
The park is open daily. Ski trails are groomed by volunteers from the local snowmobile association within a day or two of snowfalls, and the sledding hill is also popular! We will post updates below when ski trails have been groomed and when rentals are available.
Once ski grooming begins, snowshoeing/hiking and cross-country skiing take place on two different trail systems. Click here to view the Winter Trail Map.
Trail Updates and Rental Status:
- 11.6.20 – We are preparing for the rental season, conditioning all the ski boots, sorting the ski sizes, and replacing a few bindings on the snowshoes. Watch here for updates!
- 12.26.20 – Ski Trails are groomed – conditions reported to be good with only a few windswept areas.
- 12.27.20 – Ski Trails are groomed this morning – Rentals are open Noon-4pm.
- 12.30.20 – Ski Trails are groomed this morning – Rentals are open 10-4pm.
- 1.15.21 – Equipment rentals closed today due to inclement weather – Watch for ski trail grooming update when snow event is complete.
- 1.17.21 – Ski Trail is groomed – trail condition is fair to poor.
- 1.24.21 – Ski Trails have not yet been groomed this morning (10am). We will update here as soon as they are groomed.
- 1.24.21 – Ski Trails are groomed!
- 2.4.21 – Ski Trails groomed for today.
- 2.23.21 – Ski Trails groomed for a reset of the track.
- 2.28.21 – Not enough Snow to groom today.
- 3.3.21 – There is no longer enough snow for good skiing or snowshoeing. Equipment rentals are closed for the season pending future snowfall.
- 3.16.21 – Fresh snow! Ski Trails are groomed. Come get it while it lasts!