Summer Day Camp Registration for 2022 is live! Click HERE to register!
Ney Nature Center offers nature and adventure-themed day camps for campers ages 6 to 14. Each camp can accommodate up to 12 campers and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. We provide scholarships for families that qualify, click here to learn more.
Too old to go to camp? Become a Junior Naturalist! These volunteers get all of the fun of camp, while building their resume and earning volunteer hours! We are looking for students going into 10-12th grade, learn more by clicking here!
Outdoor Challenge Camp Level 1 (Eagles; ages 9-11) – SOLD OUT
Session 1: June 13th-16th, 9am-4pm
Session 2: June 20th-23rd, 9am-4pm
Get ready for a challenge with fun activities including survival skills, archery, and kayaking on Frog Pond! This camp also visits the High Ropes Adventure Park at Kerfoot Canopy Tours.
$145/member or $165/non-member. Registration is due by June 6th for Session 1, June 13th for Session 2.
Pollinators Camp (Bluebirds; ages 6-8) – One spot open!
June 27th-30th, 9am-4pm
Bees, butterflies, and bats, oh my! Explore the world of pollination and learn about these incredible creatures. Study the biology of these animals and how they can help keep their population healthy.
$115/member or $135/non-member. Registration due by June 20th.
Outdoor Challenge Camp Level 2 (Kingfishers; ages 12-14) – SOLD OUT
July 18th-22nd, 9am-4pm
Take adventure to the next level with fun activities including survival skills, archery, kayaking on Lake Washington, and zip-lining at Kerfoot Canopy Tours!
Optional overnight at Ney on Thursday night! We’ll cook dinner over the campfire, explore the nighttime world, and camp out in tents and hammocks in the park. We will have equipment (tents, hammocks) for each camper. They will need to bring their own sleeping bag, pillow, and personal items (pajamas, toiletries, etc.). In case of inclement weather, we will reassess our overnight plan. Pick up from 8-10am on Friday the 22nd; dinner and breakfast will be provided.
$195/member or $215/non-member. Registration due by July 11th.
Nature Build Camp (Bluebirds; ages 6-8) – SOLD OUT
July 25th-28th, 9am-4pm
How does an animal build their home? Find out first-hand during camp as we participate in natural building activities!
$115/member or $135/non-member. Registration due by July 18th.
Homesteading Camp (Eagles; ages 9-11)
August 8th-11th, 9am-4pm
Travel back in time and live on your own homestead. Learn about gardening, cooking, crafts and more!
$115/member or $135/non-member. Registration due by August 3.
Information for all camps
- Your camper should bring a sack lunch and a reusable water bottle everyday. Refrigerators and microwaves are not accessible to campers so we recommend a “cold” lunch. An afternoon snack will be provided to keep your camper energized throughout the day. We encourage participants to bring a low-waste lunch using reusable containers and lunch box. This helps us to reduce the amount of waste thrown away at lunch time and be good stewards of the environment!
- We ask that you bring bug spray and sunscreen and apply it before arriving. Campers should also dress for the weather including close-toed shoes and a poncho or rain jacket. We will spend time outside each day as long as there is no severe weather.
- There is a maximum of 12 campers per camp so be sure to register early!
- TO REGISTER: Sign up for camp online or call 507-357-8581.
COVID CANCELATION POLICY
We recognize that the situation changes frequently and therefore we have waived our cancelation policy. So if at any time you need to cancel your camper’s registration just let us know. We also reserve the right to cancel a camp if at any time our staff or board deems it necessary for health reasons. If canceled prior to the beginning of camp a full refund will be provided. If cancelations happen in the middle of a camp session we will calculate a fee per day refund.
Day Camp COVID 19 modifications for Summer Camp 2022
- Parents are required to take their childs temperature each day before arriving at camp. If your child has a fever, cough, runny nose, or any other symptoms of COVID, we ask that you stay home until a negative test can be provided and inform staff immediately.
- If your child or anyone in your household tests positive for COVID, we ask that you stay home and inform staff immediately.
- If staff notices that your child has any COVID symptoms and staff was not informed of a negative test result, you must be able to pick up your camper within an hour of being notified that your child needs to go home.
- Camp will be completely set up outdoors, campers can access the education building to use the restrooms or fill water bottles at the water bottle filling station. If there is rain, staff may cancel day camp for the day or utilize the Ney Barn with doors and windows open.
- Campers must apply their own sunscreen and bug spray.