What is a Junior Naturalist?
Junior Naturalists are volunteers that help our summer day camp team. They are leaders that make the camper’s experience at Ney fun, exciting, and safe. Assisting with all aspects of camp including leading games, supervising campers during activities, and working with staff to ensure this is a fun and safe summer for everyone!
What are the requirements?
- Volunteers must be going into 10-12th grade.
- Must enjoy working with children, be willing to play, love the outdoors, and be an active participant.
- Be a responsible, trustworthy, and dependable volunteer. Be able to take direction, feedback, and follow-through with assigned responsibilities while maintaining a mature, positive, service-oriented attitude.
- Complete an interview with Ney Staff, participate in mandatory training, commit to volunteering for at least 1 week of camp.
What are the benefits?
Make new friends and connections through staff and fellow volunteers. Build leadership skills and gain valuable, fun, hands-on experience working with children and nature. Volunteer time is eligible for service learning credits and is great for resume building.
How do I apply?
Complete the application form and return it to Ney Nature Center before the deadline, May 1st, 2023 . You can do this (1) via email, (2) in person, 28238 Nature Center Ln, Henderson, MN 56044 or (3) via mail, PO Box 93 Henderson, MN 56044. You will then receive an email that will notify you if you are or are not being invited to complete an interview.
Dates to put on your calendar:
- Application deadline – 05/01/2023
- Interviews – 05/06/2023 or 05/13/2023
- Mandatory training – 05/20/2023